Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Archives

PA Drama Club to perform ‘School of Rock’

The Pembroke Academy Drama Club will perform the musical “School of Rock” as its fall production on Nov. 17-19  in The Roberta Doore Auditorium.  

The play follows Dewey Finn, a failed rock star, who decides becoming a substitute teacher to earn extra cash. In his time at the prestigious school, he introduces a class of straight-A students onto the pleasures of rock n’ roll.

Senior Sam Nearson is playing Dewey Finn, and sophomore Sami Cox plays one of Finn’s students Rosalie Mullins, as the female lead. Music teacher Mr. Thibodeau is directing the play as well as performing with a live faculty band featuring headmaster Dr. Morris (guitar), Mr. Rich (bass) and Mrs. Evans (keyboard). 

Mr. Thibodeau said the inclusion of the live band was a determining factor when looking for a play to perform this year. 

Dr. Morris also has  experience performing “School of Rock” with a community theater group. 

Nearson said he is intrigued by the idea of a faculty rock band. “I am excited to see how well it goes having a band of teachers,” said Nearson, who has been acting for 11 years.

Mr. Thibodeau said he expects big things from the fall production. 

“We would love to have three  full houses come and have their faces melted by this supremely talented cast of rockers,” he said.

Tickets will go on-sale during lunches at the beginning of November and are $5 in advance or $8 at the door.