Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Archives

10 guys to compete for Mr. PA

The Student Senate will host a Mr. PA pageant on Feb. 21 at 7 p.m.in the auditorium.

This show is being held during the week of Winter Carnival, which means Winter Carnival points will be awarded to the class that has the most students in the audience. 

The Mr. PA contestant who wins, however, will receive $100 towards a prom tuxedo rental at Men’s Warehouse, who will also provide a tuxedo for each contestant. To date, 10 young men  have signed up for the pageant with five of those being seniors. 

While participation is low, that was expected. This is the first time this contest has run in a decade, and the pageant has been canceled in past years due to low participation, said student senate advisor Mrs. Fontaine.

With new events, especially one that involves performing in front of an audience full of peers, students are cautious,” said Mrs. Fontaine, adding that the unknowns of the pageant can outweigh the prizes.

Additionally, social studies teachers Mr. Benard and Mrs. Frostholm will host the evening’s event. “This is a show. It has the format of a pageant but with a PA twist,” said Mrs. Fontaine. 

Like any pageant, there will be different categories: Spartan wear, talent, interviews and, of course, formal wear. “You can also look forward to a dance number,” Mrs. Fontaine said. “It is sure to be an entertaining evening.” 

Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5.