PA welcomes new music honor society

Gwendolyn Collins, Staff

The Pembroke Academy Music Department celebrated the induction of 24 members into the newly founded chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society on Monday at 6 P.M.

This is the first time that Pembroke Academy will be home to a chapter of Tri-M, but music teachers Mrs. Braggins and Mr. Thibodeau are excited to see where this student-run club will go.

The club welcomes members who maintained certain academic and music standards. To be eligible for Tri-M, students have to maintain a 2.75 GPA overall and a 3.75 GPA  in all music classes, as well as take at least one semester of music for each year at PA.

This club consists of musically inclined students who want to better the music community at PA and in their towns.

This year’s inductees include freshmen Liliane DeMers, Megan Lawrence, Taylor Mandile and Abigail Smart; sophomores Riley Hammond, Leah LaCross, Morgan Loomis, Violeta Quiroz Vera, Perrin Rienert, Kayla Rossmiller, Emily St. Onge, and Glenn Vodra; juniors Gwendolyn Collins, Nicholas Davidson, Samantha McCarthy, Sarah Newton, and Taylor Smith; and seniors Emma Daley, Sarah May Schultz, and Courtney St. Onge.  

“This is a youth organization, and with each succeeding year, its membership will be made up of young people such as you. Therefore, our honor society will never grow old, but will be eternally modern,” said Mr. Thibodeau. 

The society is focused on the three m’s in its name, signifying “modern music masters”.

Its purpose is to provide a group of individuals who will “always [be] willing to assist those students who are striving to better themselves in the music department, and always remembers that real honor brings responsibility,” Mr. Thibodeau said.