Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Pembroke Academy

The Spartans Speak

Archives

Feel the magic in The Enchanted Forest homecoming dance

The+Class+of+2024+hosted+the+annual+Homecoming+Dance+in+October+and+did+an+admirable+job.+
Abdalla Faiad
The Class of 2024 hosted the annual Homecoming Dance in October and did an admirable job.

The Class of 2026 will host the annual homecoming dance on Oct. 7  in the school cafeteria from 7-10 p.m. 

The theme will be “The Enchanted Forest,” and tickets are currently for the event will be $9 for an individual  or $16 for a couple in advance.  Tickets at the door will be $10 per person. . 

This is the first dance that the Class of 2026 will be hosting.  Sophomore class senator  Phoebe Morris said the class is “very excited” for the event. 

“We’re excited to see the outcome of this dance, especially it being our first dance,” said Morris. “We want to show everyone that we know how to host a dance.”

This event has been in planning for about six months  with class officers deciding on  the theme before the end of last school year. 

The Class of 2026 also received decorations from the Class of 2023, who hosted a homecoming dance with the same theme. 

Instead of a deejay, there will be a designated playlist composed by  members of the Class of 2026. The playlist will be heavily influenced by songs that students recommend,  said sophomore Brandon Lurvey, who will be selecting  the songs. 

“I’ll choose a couple that I think would be fitting but the rest will be up to everyone else,,” said Lurvey. “I’m looking forward to getting everyone hype with these songs, it’s going to be fun.”