Juniors slated to take SAT’s online

The SATs will be administered at juniors at Pembroke Academy on Wednesday, March 24.

According to the College Board, the SAT exam calculates a high school student’s readiness for college and provides data to compare student with  other college applicants.

“It’s going to be an asynchronous day, so the teacher will give assignments [to freshman, sophomores and seniors] but they won’t be checking in during the day,” said  Ms. Parkinson, the director of curriculum.

The College Board forbids students and proctors from using any technology outside of the their website. 

Due to COVID-19, students will take the test online to minimize contact.

“Students are going to login in with their ID numbers that they have on a ticket, and the proctors  will follow along with their progress,” said Ms. Parkinson.

Students will be monitored through the College Board website that  provides an overview of where they are in a particular section.

“I’m interested to see how it all works. Each group is going to be small, and each setting is only going to have eight students,” said school counselor Ms. Michaud, adding that she’s curious to see how the school’s broadband will handle the online exam.

The SAT sections haven’t changed, however. There will be two reading sections, two math sections and an essay.

The school provided all juniors with practice quizzes in advance with recommendations to study and take the practice tests provided.