PA faculty compete for best Halloween costume

Indy Hurley, Staff

Pembroke Academy held its annual teacher costume contest on Oct. 31, organized by English teacher Ms. Gelinas.

Decked in the Halloween spirit, over 30 faculty and staff dressed for the contest.

The students voted for their favorite costumes in the following categories: Best Individual Costume, Best Sports-themed Costume, Best Group Costume and Best Department-themed Costume.

Art teacher Mr. Anderson won Best Individual Costume, dressing as Gandalf from “The Lord of the Rings”.

“I voted for Mr. Anderson,” said sophomore Madeline Manchester. “He made it look so cool.”

Ms. Ficken of the English Department took home the Best Department-themed Costume, dressing as a dinosaur called “Thesaurus”, an allusion to the Billy Collins’ poem.

Ahead of the Nov. 6 elections, Mrs. Moher came as the famous Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Additionally, special education teacher Ms. Bates dressed as a rodeo cowboy, equipped with an inflatable horse. Ms. Bates said that she did not vote but she did like a certain teachers costume.

“I would vote for Mrs. Moher if I could”, she said. “Her RBG costume was so great”.

Other winners included Mr. and Mrs. Moher for Best Group Costume and Mr. Bernard as a soccer player won Best Sports-themed Costume.