PA prepares for Homecoming Weekend

Jonathan Bateman, Staff

Pembroke Academy will hold its annual Homecoming Weekend from Sept. 29 – Oct. 1. 

Events will include a flag football game, a bonfire on Friday night and the annual Homecoming Dance on Saturday along with numerous athletic contests. 

I would say it is a good introduction to social events in high school,” said Ms. Sheehan, co-advisor of the Class of 2025. “There are a variety of events and they all help support different graduating classes and co-curriculars that are fundraising for different causes.” 

Kicking off homecoming, PA’s Student Senate hosted a Flag Football tournament on Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Each class competed with 10 females and seven male coaches. The cost to attend was $3 for students, and $5 for general admission. The seniors and sophomores defeated the freshman and juniors, respectively, and will face-off during the pep rally on Friday to determine the winner.

The events continue on Friday night when the Class of 2023  will host a bonfire from 7-10 p.m. 

On Saturday afternoon, PA’s varsity football team will host St. Thomas Aquinas at 2:30 p.m.. 

Homecoming Weekend concludes with the homecoming dance on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. The theme of this year’s dance will be Tropical Getaway. Organized by the Class of 2025, it will require semi-formal attire. There will also be food and drinks provided along with a deejay. 

Students can purchase tickets until Sept. 30 during lunches or from Ms. Sheehan in Rm. 1013.  The cost is $8 per person and $16 per couple in advance, or $10 per person and $18 per couple at the door.