NHS collects donations for Toys for Tots

Emily Polsin, Staff

National Honors Society (NHS) is collecting toy donations for Toys for Tots from Nov. 15-Dec. 13.

Toys for Tots, founded in 1947 and run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve, collects toys to deliver to less fortunate children during the holiday season. 

In its 74 years, the Toys for Tots program has donated over 566 million toys worldwide. 

“Toys for Tots really is an organization that promotes the ideals that people should strive for, and I look forward to representing that at PA,” said senior Abby Smart, a member of NHS and senior class president.

Boxes for donations can be found in the Main Office and Walker House. They are asking for new, unwrapped toys. NHS members have also been visiting advisories with information about donations.

In addition, NHS will bring back the annual student vs. staff basketball game to raise money for Toys for Tots. The game is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 7 during Block 7. 

Students and staff will also have the chance to enter a 50/50 raffle. 

This year, there will be two games. The first one will be held from 12:55 – 1:25 p.m. where freshmen and sophomores will face against faculty and staff in the gym. In the second game, juniors and seniors will play PA faculty and staff from 1:35 – 2:10 p.m. 

“I’m excited to see people back in the gym together showing pride in their teams,” said Smart.