Winter Carnival Week kicks off at PA

Junior Emily Burns embraces the ‘spirit’ of Cozy Day (photo by Brooke Robinson).

Brooke Robinson, Staff

PA’s Winter Carnival celebration begins today with Spirit Week, planned by The Student Senate as students prepare for the gym-day festivities on Thursday and Friday.

Monday is “Cozy Day,” where students and faculty bundle up in comfy sweaters, sweatpants or other “cozy” clothing. Additionally, each class will be decorating their respective hallways afterschool on Monday which will then be judged by the custodial staff for Winter Carnival points.

Tuesday is “Future Career Day,” and students will have the opportunity to dress up in attire of the career they aspire to pursue in the future.

Wednesday’s theme is Spartan Pride, and everyone is encouraged to wear the school colors of  green and white.

Thursday and Friday, the Winter Carnival days are “Class Color” days: where the freshmen wear white; the sophomores sport red; juniors wear red; and the seniors don green.

“I can wait to just wake up and go to school,” said junior Anevay Stauffacher of Cozy Day.

Social studies teacher Ms. Frostholm said she is looking forward to the festivities. “I love Spirit Days, in general, because everyone is more relaxed, and it’s fun to see how folks interpret the themes,” she said in an email. 

Ms. Frostholm added that her favorite theme is  “Cozy Day,”. 

“It’s fun to see what they add to make it ‘cozy,’” she said.